Monday, January 24, 2011

Thats all it takes...

Flashing lights.  Screaming.

"Help me, Somebody, Anybody. Why arent you listening to me?"

"He's jammed between the car and the sign."

"We're going to have to cut him out"

"Get the oxygen on him"

"Has anyone seen my baby? Thats his car."

"Im standing right in front of you, why can't you see me? That guy is dead, I'm alive. Why aren't you helping me?"

"Wait! Is that me? How?"

"NO! This is not happening. How can I be there, when I'm right here?"

"This isn't right, I was careful. I stopped early."

"It was just a few harmless drinks"


*Bloggers note: This is my entry for @velvetverbosity 100 word challange. The word is harmless.
http://www.velvetverbosity.com/

9 comments:

  1. (Shudder, shudder, shudder.) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent treatment of the theme. Very poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Good message. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line really sent it home. Powerful piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very powerful and also an excellent use of using dialog only to tell the story.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeesh. It seems like when we hear, "it was just a harmless _________", chances are it wasn't so harmless after all. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete