Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Friendship, Love and all that globbery gloop.

I'm sure that everyone that's reading this has at least 1 friend or 1 person in their life that they love or have loved.  In this blog, I am going to tell you what I think makes a good friend. and what it really means to love someone. Think of it as a how to and how not to blog.
                                                                          
Friends:

I have had many friends throughout my 33 years. Some have been worth it and some I wish would have never been.  It would be easy for me to sit and list my friends from best to worst.  I dont think that would be wise.  I will, however, tell you the good and bad qualities of those friends... 
Lets start with good qualities.  I have 1 friend who is a great listener.  When I am being stupid, she says "Bo, you are being stupid".  When I do something well, she says " Good Job, Bo". When I am complaining she tells me to get over it and helps me solve the issue.  She doesnt hide behind pleasantries. She is honest with me to a fault. To me, this makes the best kind of friend.  I just hope I am as good of a friend to her.  I have other friends that are wonderful as well, they are loyal, honest and there when I need them.  I am lucky to have them all.
Now for the bad qualities.  I have witnessed this in my life and recently with people I see on a day to day basis.  Dont say anything negative about someone unless you are willing to say it to their face.  I have witnessed alot of "behind the back talking" lately.  You know the type, I will be your best friend today, but whisper, whisper to the other person how much that person screws up.  To me this is cowardly behavior.  If you dont want to be friends with someone, dont.  It will make everyones life easier in the long run. I would rather be upset now because someone doesnt want to be my friend than invest my time and get hurt.
                                                                              
Loves:

This one is easier than you think.. For couples: Do not lie or cheat.  I told my husband (and this wont ever happen) If you ever feel the need to cheat, just leave before you do it. I have been cheated on in the past and if the person who cheated had just left first, It would have made things so much easier.  Liars always get caught.  It may not be today or tomorrow, but it will happen.  Be sure of it.  When you do find that special person that you want to spend your life with, treat them like they are the most important part of your life.  That person deserves the best of you.  In return, they will treat you the same.  For families: be there for one another, do not judge, be patient and supportive no matter what.  The most important thing is to always be forgiving.  People arent perfect.  I have seen people push their siblings or parents off to the side and ruin those relationships.  In the end, when those people are alone (and they will be because blood is thicker than water) They will rethink their naive actions. Just hope its not to late.
                                                                   
Its important to just be kind... My mantra is " Treat others as you want to be treated"  People deserve to be treated as they treat others.  Its that simple.  How do you treat people?

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, I'm perfect or you wouldn't have married me. Elizabeth is a good friend to you. She's a godo one to me as well.

    I treat people nice...haven't heard or read? (sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Love you, Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete