Monday, February 14, 2011

What I really want

Valentines day...  
                                                                                   
This is a day that means so many things to so many people.  I have been both in a relationship and single on this day.  No matter what my relationship status might be, I still want the same thing.  For someone to appreciate me.

My husband gave me the greatest gift ever today... He gave me a stuffed animal that says "I'm wild about you", a box of my favorite candy "ferrero rocher", and lunch at one of my favorite places "Cracker barrell".  Those things were great, but they dont compare to the best thing I could ever ask for.  My husband took the day off of work to spend time with me, he then let me sleep for 3 hours extra this morning.  I know that may sound silly to some people,  but it told me that he understood me.  He understands how hard I work and he appreciates me. There is not a better feeling or gift in the world. 

Love and appreciation isnt shown by how much money is spent, or how many gifts you get.  I was listening to the radio the other day and the DJ asked women to call in and tell the thing they wanted the most for Valentines day.  Most of them said, I just wand him to do the dishes, get the kids on the bus, cook dinner. I did not hear 1 woman say anything material.....

So to all of the guys out there. Flowers die, candy diappears, but appreciation will always be in our hearts...

3 comments:

  1. Sooo, it appears that I kinda sorta almost know what I'm doing.

    SCORE!

    You're welcome. I love you. It's been a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear Hear! So true, Ms. Deana. Your man Cake rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so perfect! Sleeping in and a day to just hang out? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete